The main problem for people who study English in their home countries is a lack of practice. Very often tutors spend the whole lesson discussing grammar and you have no time to use new language or grammar structures. This course gives participants the opportunity to practice English in very small groups, meet interesting like-minded people and take part in interesting and informative discussions. Topics are usually very practical and relevant to everyday life or a business environment. At the end of each lesson the tutor gives feedback and some tips. During individual sessions you will have more opportunity to speak and get the tutor’s full attention and personal feedback.
Each session is designed to motivate students to hold conversations and discussions on pre-planned topics through questions, short articles and role play activities. Students will need to read the material and watch videos or listen to audio files before the group session.
The goals of this course
- Develop speaking skills
- Make your English more natural
- Make your speech more spontaneous
- Increase your vocabulary in a very natural way
- Improve your communication skills
Sample topics for conversation sessions
- Presentations: preparation, delivery and organization
- Motivation in the workplace. What motivates you and how companies should motivate their staff
- Leadership: what makes a good leader
- Making decisions. Is decision making a process
- Meetings. Are meetings a waste of time? or are they very important? Meeting preparation and participation
- Globalization and Multinational businesses. How globalization has affected business and the workplace.
- Business Ethics: Should business be ethical? How does corruption affect business?
- Competition: The benefits and drawbacks of competition between people and businesses.
Professional tutors (native speakers) with a lot of experience conducting communication training for individual and corporate clients. More information.
- Holistic approach – you are put at the heart of the learning process. Everyone is unique and requires a tailored approach. You may want to understand yourself better and the purpose of Art of Learning is to facilitate this.
- Online format — this course suits those who value their time and enjoy a friendly atmosphere with lots of interpersonal interaction. The online format allows you to participate straight from your home or office through an interactive videoconferencing system. The interactive format involves training in small groups of 4-6 individuals. The main emphasis of this on-line course is on communicating effectively in English.
- Unique study format — combines both group and individual learning twice a week (i.e. 1 group and 1 individual session). If you like, you can choose only group or individual sessions.
Two options available i.e. on Saturdays or Thursdays for group sessions :
- Option 1 Saturdays at 8.30 am (London time)
- Option 2 Thursdays at 4.30 pm (London time).
Module duration: 1.5 months (6 sessions)
Session duration: Group session — 90 mins, Individual session — 60 mins.
- Group sessions (1.5 month (6 sessions), duration: 90 mins/session) — £150.
- Group + individual sessions (6 group sessions, duration: 90 mins/session + 6 individual sessions, duration: 60 mins/session) — £300.
Technical System Requirements
- Desktop or Laptop (PC or Mac)
- Stable internet connectivity (i.e. broadband/LAN with 100mbts preferred)
Steps before the course
- Personal and language needs profiling
- Language tests
- Programme induction training i.e. training sessions shall be organized in English or in Russian for Russian speaking clients.
If you are interested in this course or you have any questions, please, send your enquiry to email@example.com (i.e. including your name, phone number and time when we can contact you).
We tailor some of our courses to individual client’s needs and requirements. Therefore, if you feel that this course doesn`t suit you we will strive to satisfy your requirements by creating a tailor-made programme that fits you.